What is better way to share knowledge with wider audience then creating an online courses. For a while, I have been thinking about this idea and how to effectively share knowledge. Finally, I can announce that I am about to build a small online school with the set of low-cost/high-value courses in cyber-security, natural language processing and machine learning!
The first two courses are already online and ready to accept students. The first courses that I have created are on Information security and Malware analysis. For these courses, I already had materials, as I was teaching them in quite formal settings. Therefore, they have been transferred to Udemy format. More courses will be coming in the following months.
The courses are delivered as they were prepared for offline students, without much modification for online audience. However, in the future, I expect I would be able to invest more into the course creation and the courses will be just improving.
The main idea is that these courses will be provided to wide audience with affordable pricing model. We want to note that there are some instructors on Udemy that may provide courses on similar topics. However, most of these courses are often priced at $99 or more. I want to provide more affordable experience for students for the similar or better quality course. Therefore, our courses will be priced at the range of $24.99-$34.99. However, that is if you are coming to Udemy, with no discount coupon and for full price. Obviously, Udemy may offer you lower prices (something around $12-$15). However, if you are coming through this site, and buy course using the provided links, all the courses will cost you only $9.99.
Additionally, if you subscribe to mailing list, at the time of release you may get discounted of free access to some or all of our courses for limited amount of time. These invitations will be posted to you over the mailing list.
I have created also a Facebook group for all potential and past students, where students can exchange experiences related to the fields of studies and where some of the discounts may be announced. So join the group and contribute with experiences and discussions.
The online courses that have been created or are planned are:
- Practical information security – Contains 7.5 hours of video lectures and many additional reading materials covering information security risk assessment, audit, asset valuation, incident response, disaster recovery, management of information resources, technical aspects of cryptography, network security, application security and physical security.
- Malware analysis – Contains 3.5 hours of video lectures and additional materials for reading with exercises presenting how to analyse a given malware samples. It explains malware topology, history, and goes deep into static and dynamic malware analysis. Also, at the end we discuss use of AI for malware analysis.
- Developing web applications with Flask – course about python’s Flask framework and how to use web services and web APIs using Flask.
- Protect yourself online – Short free online course on protecting your information online. The course will present best practices for configuring your personal computer, home network and tools such as intrusion detection systems, anti-virus, parental controls, etc.
- Comprehensive natural language processing – This course will present techniques for natural language processing, text mining and text analytics. It will cover everything from tokenization to deep learning-powered natural language understanding.
- Machine learning fundamentals – this course will present the fundamentals of machine learning, starting from simple traditional algorithms with special focus on deep learning methods.
Many more may come in future, therefore you are very welcome to enroll on these online courses!